Working Step 6
Were entirely ready to have my higher power remove all these defects of character.
The following questions may generate thought and discussion on step six.
- Have I completed working the first five steps to the best of my ability? Am I willing to go back and look at them if I feel overwhelmed working this step?
- What have I learned from my sponsor or another PAA friend on how they work step six?
- As a result of working step five, am I grateful that there is a step six to work?
- Do I clearly understand the concept of readiness?
- How do I know if I am ready?
- If I am not entirely ready, how might I turn these fears over to the higher power of my understanding?
- What fears block me from being entirely ready?
- Can I ask my higher power for the willingness to be ready?
- In what ways do I trust the higher power of my understanding in working the step?
- Am I willing to let go of all my defects of character? Why or why not?
- Which ones would I prefer to hold onto? What advantages do I see to holding on to them?
- Which defects of character also contained assets?
- What does “have my higher power remove all of my defects of character “mean to me?
- How do I trust and feel confident that my higher power is there for me?
- Do I understand why this step speaks only of my own relationship with my higher power? What does this mean to me?
- How am I grateful that I now know the higher power of my understanding?
- Cannot make a commitment to share in a P-AA meeting how I work the staff?
- How have I encouraged those I sponsored to work this step?
- Will I consider leading a meeting or workshop on the power of this step?
- What evidence do I see in my life today of my higher power’s willingness to help me improve my behavior? How can I do my part?
- Do I make demands on my higher power, praying for a specific results rather than trusting my higher power to know which defect is most important to remove?
- How can I look at all these characteristics from a fresh point of view today?
- Other then let go and let card what other P AA slogans or tools can help me with the step?
- What are my defects of character?
- How do I find them?