Working Step 12
Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
There are many spiritual awakenings and many ways to carry the message. PAA members offer these ideas and questions to help us explore the meaning of the 12th step.
- Have I experienced spiritual awakening? Describe.
- In what ways do I downplay my spiritual growth? What can help me to acknowledge it?
- What have I received from PAA that I would most like to share?
- What are the different ways I can carry this message to others?
- Did I see a friendly face early in my recovery? What can I do to be a friendly face to someone else?
- What is the difference between carrying the message and giving advice?
- When trying to carry the message, what have I experienced?
- How can I recognize a cry for help without meddling in other people’s affairs?
- How can I best carry the message to my family members, especially those who resist the ideas?
- How can I practice these principles in my financial affairs? Is my job merely a means of earning money or an opportunity to practice my recovery?
- What does the 12th step say to me about PAA service work?
- What part has service to PAA played in my recovery?
- What would change if I viewed service as my goal in every area of my life?
- What are these principles?
- How can I apply them in my daily life?
- in what areas of my life do I need to start practicing these principles? What can I do this week to make a beginning?
- How am I living the message of the program?
- How am I a good example of PAA recovery?