Working Step 10
Continue to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
Some members find it useful to make a chart that includes a list of typical personal weaknesses and strengths that can be checked off before going to bed. A mental review of the day chronologically or taking note of any event that produced uncomfortable feelings also works. The following questions may help develop the habit of continual inventory.
- What is the purpose of step 10?
- How do I feel about continuing to take a personal inventory?
- What a means of taking daily inventory is comfortable for me?
- What will help me continue to apply program tools when life gets rough?
- How can I be patient with myself if I feel I’m not growing fast enough?
- When might I need to take a spot check?
- What can I do with my spot check inventory?
- In a daily inventory I can ask myself:
- What were the major events of the day?
- Why feelings that I experienced?
- How did I deal with them?
- Did I get myself involved in any situation today I had no business being in?
- What can help me to accept myself as I make mistakes again and again?
- Did fear or faith to rule my actions today?
- How can I admit my wrongs despite my pride and fear that it will get used against me?
- Am I at fault for trying for peace at any price? What are my motives
- How do I know when to make amends and when not to?
- What positive traits did I exhibit today?
- What negative traits did I exhibited today?
- How did I try to fix anyone today?
- How can I let go and let God?
- Did I abandon my own needs today? How?
- Have I been too accommodating, saying yes when I wanted to say no?
- Was I afraid of an authority figure? Of anyone? Why or why not?
- What’s small things can I do to practice standing up for myself?
- How take on anyone else’s responsibility today?
- What am I afraid will happen if I don’t take on extra responsibilities?
- If I was wrong, did I promptly admit it?
- What can I do to take good care of myself today?
- Is there something that I need to take a longer look at? What is it?
- Have I done something difficult or particularly well today? How can I appreciate myself for it?
BALANCE OF STEP 10 QUESTIONS
9-How could sharing my daily 10 step inventories with another person, such as my sponsor, help me?
10-What characteristics show up most often in my inventory?
11-Why do I resist having them removed?
12-After practicing the 10th step, how have my feelings about it changed?
13-How could sharing my daily 10 step inventories with another person, such as my sponsor, help me?
14-What characteristics show up most often in my inventory?
15-Why do I resist having them removed?
16-After practicing the 10th step, how have my feelings about it changed?