At the end of the day before we go to sleep we set aside time for a spot check daily inventory.
MOST PEOPLE PICK 5-10 OF THESE QUESTIONS TO ASK ON A DAILY BASIS TO REFLECT ON THEIR INTERACTIONS, THOUGHTS & FEELINGS. THIS INVENTORY CAN BE AS SIMPLE AS LYING DOWN AT NIGHT AND RUNNING THE DAY THROUGH YOUR HEAD OR WRITING DAILY IN A JOURNAL TO RELECT ON YOUR DAY.
It is suggested if you are struggling emotionally and dealing with an extra stressful period of time to go through all the questions.
- What were the major events of the day?
- What feelings did I experience?
- How did I deal with them?
- Did I get myself involved in any situation today I had no business being in?
- What can help me to accept myself as I make mistakes again and again?
- Did fear or faith to rule my actions today?
- How can I admit my wrongs despite my pride and fear that it will get used against me?
- Am I at fault for trying for peace at any price? What are my motives
- How do I know when to make amends and when not to?
- What positive traits did I exhibit today?
- What negative traits did I exhibited today?
- How did I try to fix anyone today?
- How can I let go and let God?
- Did I abandon my own needs today? How?
- Have I been too accommodating, saying yes when I wanted to say no?
- Was I afraid of an authority figure? Of anyone? Why or why not?
- What’s small things can I do to practice standing up for myself?
- How take on anyone else’s responsibility today?
- What am I afraid will happen if I don’t take on extra responsibilities?
- If I was wrong, did I promptly admit it?
- What can I do to take good care of myself today?
- Is there something that I need to take a longer look at? What is it?
- Have I done something difficult or particularly well today? How can I appreciate myself for it?
Step 10 is incredible useful in reflecting on your day in a consistent loving and caring way. It is most useful when this is done on a daily basis. If you are interested in all the questions to step 10 please click on this link.