This is just a quick message to catch everyone up on whats happening in the group.
We now have support group meetings !!!6 days a week!!!. Please try 5-6 different meetings in order to acclimate to the group structure, context of the 12 step recovery format and build some trust and community. It takes awhile to settle our nervous systems and start hearing the message of recovery.
- Monday 630pm PST 12 step group specific topic
- Tuesday 630 pm PST 12 step group specific topic
- Wednesday 6am PST 12 step group specific topic
- Thursday 630pm PST 12 step group and introduction to meditation
- Saturday 9am PST 12 step group specific topic
- Saturday 4pm PST PA & NON VIOLENT COMMUNICATION WORKSHOP
- Sunday 4pm PST 12 step group specific topic
Most attendees register through the website pa-a.org so the meet-up people attending is always very low. Meetings generally have 10-14 people with some getting up to about 20 people.
We are a recovery group so we spend most of our time on talking about useful solutions, tools and resources to help us grow as individuals in order to be the best integrated parent we can be. The ultimate goal is to reunite with our children but from a emotionally and spiritually stable place. Research has shown this is the single most important thing we can do to support our kids and any form of reunification.
In our 1st year we have had numerous success stories with people reuniting with their kids. Every single persons shared link has been working on their emotional and spiritual capacity. Adding new tools and a supportive community. Most of them still attend meetings as the work in reunification and integration is as grueling as the fight to get this opportunity.
We will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary on the March 15th meeting. Individuals will be sharing on their recovery and what their lives look like thanks to the supporting and loving community of PAA.
New free trainings coming this year-
- How to meditate which includes several small trainings in different modalities that you can adapt to your life and schedule.
- Family systems theory. In an alienated family the hierarchy no longer exists. FST explores what and how the system operates. Intervention points and important PA markers.
- Non violent communication. How to respond to texts, emails, letters and conversation through an empathetic lens. This helps create understanding and connection rather than distance and animosity. It relates to your children, alienator, lawyer, therapists, social works and any other players involved in your journey.
- GRACE training. This is a technique Roshi Joan Holifax uses for folks in really intense emotional circumstances. It is a great way to interrupt anxiety, reactive thinking ad actions amongst a bunch of other things.
please message me directly with any questions and or suggestions.